DESIGN YOUR SUMMER: Five Exhibitions about Design at the Kulturforum
This summer the Kulturforum is presenting itself on a grand scale as the central location for design-related topics. In addition to the permanent collection of the Kunstgewerbemuseum (Museum of Decorative Arts), five special exhibitions cover a broad spectrum ranging from illustration and graphic design to the design of fashion, furniture and urban spaces.
Five Exhibitions in One Ticket
The presentations in the exhibition halls explore the following quite diverse design topics:
- Until 7 July 2019, Kulturforum: The exhibition 100 beste Plakate 18 offers an overview of current graphic work in German-speaking countries.
- Until 21 July 2019, Kunstgewerbemuseum: The designer duo chmara.rosinke investigates the possibilities of the mobile kitchen in Design Lab #3. Mobile Kitchens.
- Until 21 July 2019, Kunstgewerbemuseum: The DESIS Network initiated by Ezio Manzini develops ideas about social living, sustainability and participative models in Design Lab #4. Collaborative Cities.
- Until 28 July 2019, Kunstbibliothek: For Transitzones the illustrator Henning Wagenbreth places his works in colourful dialogue with works from the Kunstbibliothek (Art Library).
- Until 4 August 2019, Kulturforum: Tracking Talents takes a practical look at the design process and materiality.
Last call: All five exhibitions are on display until July 7, and can be visited on a single ticket, the Location Ticket (Standortticket) for the Kulturforum. Admission to 100 beste Plakate 18 is free.